4 day/3 night traditional walking trails safari
A voyage of discovery in the heart of the Zambian wilderness, this safari is for those who have been to one or more safari lodges, experienced the daily ritual of game drives and night drives, and simply wish to slow down and become one with the wildlife and wilderness and leave the crowds behind. As the only people in our 15,000 acre private concession in the South Luangwa National Park take the chance to listen to the silence, punctuated only by the sounds of the wilderness. Spend time together on our ‘slow safari’ and walk some of the food and wine off your waistline! Re-discover yourselves as individuals away from the digital and work stresses and the constant buzzing of the mobile phone. Spend time together discovering new things and experiences in the heart of the African bush….
The safari experience is a blend of guided morning and afternoon walking safaris, day and night game drives. Tailored entirely to your wishes there is no daily routine. The walks range from an hour to all day hikes always with an armed game ranger and one of our experienced safari guides.
Mumbulu Safari Camp provides a comfortable base to explore the South Luangwa National Park. The tented camp overlooks the Luangwa Rivers. Arguably the best walking safari area in the South Luangwa National Park, Normann Carr started his pioneering walking trails safaris here in the 1960s. Far from the madding crowds in other parts of the national park Mumbulu Safari Camp is an oasis of calm, a rare gem in an increasingly cluttered wilderness.
Mumbulu Safari Camp is booked on an exclusive basis for groups of 4 to 8 people. Whilst the safari is not presented as a luxurious experience we provide ice cold drinks, ice, warm bush showers and flush loos, which meet most peoples’ expectations from a bush camp. The catering is more of a home cooking experience rather than fine cuisine. We have a selection of wines, beers and spirits available at a charge and clients are welcome to bring their own drinks if they would prefer.
Whilst much has changed in Zambian tourism in the last 50 years, Mumbulu Safari Camp’s location and walking area in the South Luangwa National Park remains unrivalled.
- Private safari vehicle and qualified guide for the duration of your safari
- Armed game scout on all walking safaris
- Three nights at Mumbulu Safari Camp on a full board basis
- Guided game walks in the South Luangwa National Park
- Filtered water, coffee, tea & soft drinks
- Very limited 2G Zamtel internet
- Government taxes and service charges
- Meet & greet at Mfuwe Airport or Lukuzi Airstrip
- South Luangwa National Park entry fees & conservation fees
- Drinks – an order sheet will be provided when booking
- Tips & gratuities
- Return airport transfer to and from Mfuwe International Airport
- Flights to/from Mfuwe
- Travel insurance is essential. Guests, following a safety briefing, are required to sign an indemnity waiver.
- Children aged twelve years of age and above on walking safaris
- Children under twelve years are welcome under parental control
To book your 4 day 3 night safari in the Surefoot Concession please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred dates or use the booking form: